Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer Soup

I usually wait until the weather is stifling to make gazpacho, but I've come to terms with the fact that it's never going to be stifling here in the UK, so I put on a sweater and made this yesterday.  Please note that I use the word 'recipe' lightly because making this soup is basically as easy as making toast and if you like chopping, you're going to loooove it.  Unless you hate tomatoes, in which case you're going to hate it.  For realz.


Okay.  What you really need to know is that you can add anything to this soup.  Do you want some chopped basil in there?  Go for it!  How about some fresh green beans?  SUPER!  Or maybe you want to garnish with some pine nuts or sesame seeds... Do it!  You guys, this is the easiest most fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants recipe on planet earth and I very much encourage you to play with it. 


Also: I usually add half a cup (not, like, a measuring cup, but half a cup of whatever cup I have closest to me) of water to this, too.  When I used to have homemade chili oil on hand (working on it....), I used to drizzle that on top and forget the Tabasco entirely.  It was yumtastic!  Actually, it still is yumtastic!  Oh, and make sure you chill this baby.  Like, cold.  And add some salt and pepper to taste, too (duh). 

And then, ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment