Friday, August 3, 2012

5 Months



Espresso-fueled strolls through London make me happy. 

----------------------------------------------------------

The Redcoat and I have been married 5 months today.  It's really not a big deal, I know, but it's insane to think about how much has happened in those five months.  I mean, it's August!  We've lived in the UK for almost three months!  I've started freelancing and David has shaved off his beard.  I have long hair and have started writing again.  We eat most of our meals at home.  I sleep late and go to bed early.  We do DIY projects and have a mortgage.  I mean, who are we?

It's been surreal, to say the least.  It's like that Talking Heads song, Once in a Lifetime, and I have found myself living in another part of the world and I'm asking myself, well, how did I get here?  Of course, I know how we got here, but it still doesn't feel real.  Despite the fact that everything has changed, everything still feels exactly the same.  It's as if everything is happening just as it should but it's all really weird.  But good.  But weird.

So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment