Tuesday, June 26, 2012

SUMMER?


Over the last few weeks, while all my friends in the States have been eating popsicles, boating off the Vineyard and sunning themselves, I've been wearing sweaters and rain boots, trying my best to stay warm and dry... until today!  Today is one of those rare English days where it actually feels like summer.  Yes, it's still quite cloudy and I probably didn't need to slather myself in SPF 30 this morning, but I can't help but be a little overzealous when this weather feels so foreign and deliciously wonderful.   For the first time in weeks*, I've let my limbs out of their fabric shackles for a day of frolicking in the sun, and oh, the sun!  How glorious it is!

Today, I am thankful for the sun.  And for beer gardens, too.  What are you thankful for?

*Barring my time at Ascot when my limbs were bare but also covered in goose bumps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment