Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lethargy & Toast


I'm feeling really lethargic and weird today.  I called into work and told them I'd work from home, which I promise to do as soon as my mind finds focus and stops jumping forward two (2!) months in an attempt to imagine what my life in England will be like.

Kate, you cannot predict the future.  Just let it come.  

On days like today, when I'm melancholic and distracted, I often find something bizarre to feel romantic about.  Today I feel romantic about hot lemon water and toast.  Toast with honey, toast with foie gras, toast with salted butter, cinnamon, and sugar.  I just want to sit and eat toast with David and snuggle.  No talking, just toast eating and snuggling.

Before I turn into the most pathetic person on earth, I should probably get out of my pajamas and go for a walk.  Yes, a walk would do me a world of good... And then I have to start (and really commit to finishing) my visa application so I can move to the UK in two (2!) months.  And whilst I fill it out, maybe I'll eat more toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment