Thursday, November 8, 2012

@ Oxford


We spent a cold and rainy afternoon in Oxford last week.  While David ducked into a meeting, my parents and I visited some of the colleges.  The campuses were intimate, layered with tradition, and gorgeous.  It must be so delightfully surreal to go to school there; I'd have to wake every morning and pinch myself. 


The sun sets quickly these days and as the shadows grew, we found warmth from the cold in one of the city's many pubs, crowded with students and heavy with the smell of beer and cider.  While the city has a strong creative vibe and forward momentum, which is undoubtedly largely attributed to the number of young people that temporarily call the city home, there's also a palpably deep admiration for the customs of the past.  It's a good place, Oxford, and I'm looking forward to visiting again. 

4 comments:

  1. Obsessed. Things to note: your family is adorable, you are radient and i'm in love with the font "Oxford" is in. What is it? Miss you tons.

    Also: let's go back to school and go here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, let's! They still wear robes to formal dinners in the dining room- it's all very Harry Potter!

      The font is called Sofia. It's free- you can download it here: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/sofia

      I owe you a letter, by the way. It will be on its way SOON!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you still have that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have the purple brocade 'tails' jacket, too. My wardrobe is soooo Belgium, 2005. Yikes...

      Delete