Monday, November 12, 2012

H by Hudson: A Love Story

Back in college, I foolishly made the mistake of [somehow] mentioning that a new pair of shoes can truly change one's life during an in-class discussion on Madame Bovary.  A little hyperbolic?  Yes.  Off-topic?  Probably.  True?  Absolutely!  Nonetheless, my professor never let me live it down.  "How could anyone believe that shoes could inspire such a great change in someone's life?" he wondered.  Simple: When you're wearing great shoes you feel great, and when you feel great, great things are more likely to happen to you.  It's the truth.  Honest.  

Whilst touring through the ancient seaside town of Rye, I came across a terrific boutique called Bird.  What lured me into Bird was the fact that, upon a previous visit to Rye, a pair of fantastic leather lace-ups had been on display in the window and caught my eye.  Unfortunately, the store was closed at the time seeing as it was late in the evening but the image of those shoes stayed with me.  Thankfully, upon my second visit, Bird was open for business.  The shop is wonderfully curated and sells the loveliest clothes and accessories.  Everything from Jonathan Adler candles to cozy knits made my heart go pitter-patter with joy and then, and then, I laid eyes on these boots and within an instant was deeply and tragically in love.  




The boots are by a London-based company called Hudson.  They're simple, well made, and, after a damp and lengthy walk through London, prove to be incredibly comfortable, too.  Plus, they're totally changing my life.  Promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment