Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tuesday With Moi

Tuesday, September 25
Scotland Edition

Our first morning in Gargunnock House.
 I sleep in when I'm home, but I rise early when I'm on vacation.
Clearly, I know what's important.

I took a glorious bath in a room the size of our apartment (no, really) as I enjoyed a cup of coffee and the lovely soft light filtering through the window.  It was amazing.

In the natural light, our kitchen walls were the color of old school house chalk boards.  In this photo, it looks more like a kelly green.  Both are lovely.

The caretakers of the property left fresh flowers around the house for us to enjoy.  These were in the Grand Dining Room.  That wasn't the actual name of the room- the Grand Dining Room- but that's what we called it.  In a later post, you'll understand why. 

At noon, we decided to take an adventure to Stirling Castle.
This is the view from our front door.  Not bad, amirite?

A line of cannons at Stirling Castle.  It was rainy and windy and positively delightful! 
The castle is at the very top of a giant hill and the view was just as powerful as the wind.
I wanted to write a love poem to the wind, to the hill, to the castle.
I wanted to be a queen.

Here I am imagining what it would be like to look at all these buildings and to see the view and know that it was mine all mine.  I have a very vivid imagination...

 This is just as we were leaving the castle. It was super LOTR-esque, and I love LOTR.

This was taken as we were walking through the Old Town in Stirling, on our way back to the car after a pint and a baked potato at a nearby pub.  I can't imagine what it would be like to live atop the hill in the shadow of a castle, but for the people in this house, living in the shadow of a castle is just a part of their boring everyday life.  CRAZY.

In the car.  Raining.  On our way to Wallace Monument

 After tiring of ordinary tourism, we decided to tour the local grocery store.
There was so much to see!

 Back in the haunted mansion, drinking wine, playing poker, and waiting on our lovely friend Skye to prepare the most delicious chicken and dumpling soup known to man.
After a day in the wind and rain, there is nothing better than a steaming bowl of chicken and dumpling soup. Except maybe red wine.

 After dinner, we retired to the small sitting room (not to be confused with the large sitting room) where we built a fire, drank Scotch, and played chess.
Full disclosure: I did not play chess.
Another full disclosure: the Scotch hit me pretty hard and I stopped taking pictures at this point.
Well, I didn't stop taking pictures, but all the rest of them are like looking through drunk glasses and will never be shared with anyone, ever.  Alas...

And there you have it, friends, a typical Tuesday with Moi in Scotland.
If only every Tuesday were so wonderful! 
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment